Friday 21 December 2012

Ball Progress

Quick bit of progress made on the ball this week. Just working on the step blocking method we were taught in our a while a go. This second attempt of the ball animation is definitely more organised, step blocking is certainly the right method for me. (Though I've taken it to spline to make the playblast a bit nicer.)


Another note is I've changed the ball. My first attempt was a generic sphere with the pivot at the bottom, this is a far more sophisticated ball rig, with nice squash stretch and bend controls.

The rig is free to use from a website made by the authors of "How to Cheat in Maya". ( http://www.routledge.com/cw/luhta-9780240525907/ ) The rig is from the 2012 version of the book that I got as an early christmas present. (another reason why I wanted to restart the animation from scratch.)


No comments:

Post a Comment